Greek Paradise - Letter to my English fiance (who now works in Barbados - full of frogs, as he tells me -...)

Goodmorning my Handsome...

Thank you very much for your e-mail, don't worry if you cannot write to me too much, you just keep writing to me; this adds to the beautiful day-to-day life I’m now having in Greece.

Well, yesterday night, I have slept at around 02H20, since I was reading some Mickey Mouse late at night and then I thought I would sleep deeply. But, unfortunately this was not the case, since the noise of the air-conditioning of the hospital opposite to my bedroom, woke me up at 07H00. And then continued on and on until 08H00 so I have decided that I wouldn’t sleep anymore and got up to get ready for the office.

So, I went to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast (unfortunately, I couldn't open the box with the feta cheese, and then I did it but in an abrupt way and all content -water with feta- have been spilled all over the kitchen place, so I had to mop!!, then I thought I should have a shower and then go to my office with the bus so as I'm doing some exercise. So I went at the bus stop and waiting and waiting, but all the buses were coming with the sign "out of service". I said inside me "shit!!! Not a strike again!!" and guess what!! They were on strike for 5 hours starting from 10H30!! So, I went back all the way up again to my parents house, amazingly sleepy and frustrated and late for my work and approached my car.

Which was blocked by an asshole who has parked exactly on the place where handicapped people and prams pass, so what I have done was to write down a note "from where will the handicapped people will pass now, you, malaka???". Then, I have stuck this note on his window, and then I have crashed him at his back in my effort to go out (I have crashed my Yaris as well, but I don't care since Yaris is an old car. Him, he had a new Mercedes!! Ha!!)

Then, with my car, I have tried to go through Kastella, but I found two trolleys on strike in front of me, which were empty and -obviously- their drivers wanted to admire the view. So they were going slowly slowly at their own tempo of 18km!!!! and a huge queue of cars was following.... Well, I just took a deep breath (found it useless to start beeping) and I was driving by reading at the same time a paper on offshore wind turbines. And overall, I have spent around 15 minutes to get out from Piraeus, but then I needed only 10min to come to my work because –thank God- not too many idiot drivers in the streets as usually...(it's Friday and on Fridays us, Greeks, we go to Nafplion. We used to go to Arahova but no Arahova anymore because snow melted due to climate change; beside that, eating lamb ribs in a stylish way has become a very expensive sport).

And then I have come to my office and I noticed that my left eye is red since yesterday and continues to be red today as well... It must be that I'm sitting in front of my computer too much, or it might be because I feel so much sleepy, who knows??

So, that was a very much beautiful morning, my angel, which (as you see) made my day's beginning fresh and happy. So, when you find some time, please send me the mail address of the local travel agency of Barbados, because I urgently need to move out from Piraeus and come and find you and just listen to frogs!!!

Hope your day goes well and you don’t exhaust yourself too much in this horrible place you are right now..

Dearly yours, Eva.

Σχόλια

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

Ταξίδι στο Άμστερνταμ / Φεβρουάριος 2011

Γνωρίζοντας την πραγματική Ολλανδία: Ταξιδεύοντας στη Χάγη και το Delft.